So, you’ve done your homework, lobbied officials, raised public awareness, and stillĀ  the Forest Service goes ahead and approves an objectionable lease or drill permit. What do you do now?

FS and its parent agency the Department of Agriculture, have a formal complaint procedure that any citizen can use. Although these “administrative remedies” are much less complex than a courtroom trial, you must be careful to follow the rules. It never hurts to ask a conservation group for assistance and legal advice.

Protesting the Resource Management Plan (RMP) or Land & Resource Management Plan (LRMp)

Protesting Lease Offerings

Protesting Project Approvals or APDs

Further Appeals